For play in either a home or clinical setting, and whether played with peers or with mental health professionals, this engaging board game provides creative and imaginative challenges geared towards the expression of personal thoughts and feelings.
By answering fun questions, acting out silly situations and drawing fun sketches (all related to emotions) children move their Emote heroes around a fun and colorful game board, collecting Power Chips to save the Emotes from Dr. Viro (an evil genius who wants to steal all the feelings from the world!).
Emotes! Therapeutic Booster Pack:Designed specifically for mental health professionals, this pack contains 50 additional cards that can be used in a clinical play therapy setting to approach a wider range of deeper emotional issues.
To be the first player to save all of the Emotes by completing creative tasks and collecting Do! and Say! chips.
• Shuffle and separate the Do! and Say! cards into two piles.
• Each player chooses an Emote figure and places it on the GO starting space. This Emote is now your “Hero.”
• Each player receives a Power Collection Card and places it in front of him/herself.
• Players receive one Power Chip and places this on the Power Collection Card on the space with the image of their Emote “Hero.” You’ve already saved one Emote!
• Each player rolls one die to determine who goes first. The highest roller plays first, and play proceeds clockwise from the first player. In case of a tied roll, the players who rolled the highest roll continue to roll until one rolls a higher number than the other(s).
The goal of the game is to collect Power Chips and use them to cover the spaces on the Power Collection Card. The first player to cover all of the Emote spaces on their card has saved all the Emotes!
The first player rolls both dice. The player can move his/her Emote Hero this number of spaces. Players can move in any direction on the board but cannot move both forwards and backwards on one roll.
When players land on a Do! space, they draw one card from the top of the Do! card stack. The player reads the card. If the player completes the action on the card, he/she receives a Power Chip and places it in the center of his/her Power Collection Card. This ends the turn.
Example: Player 1 rolls the dice. He lands on a Do! space. He reads the top card from the Do! pile, which tells him to “Draw a Happy Face.” Player 1 draws a happy face and receives a Power Chhip. His turn is over.
When players land on a Say! space, they draw one card from the top of the Say! card stack. The player reads the card. If the player answers the question on the card, he/she receives a Power Chip and places it in the center of his/her Power Collection Card. This ends the turn.
Example: Player 2 rolls the dice. She lands on a Say! space. She reads the top card from the Say! pile, which asks her the question “If you could have any super power, what would it be? And why?” Player 2 answers the question and receives a Power Chip. Her turn is over.